After the completion of two Gameboy Color styled survival horror demo games Overlooker and Overlooker 2, Connor O.R.T. Linning began planning his first commercial game Towards The Pantheon during the first months of 2016. Development began during summer 2016 and pixel artist Leandro Tokarevski was brought onto the project as Connor and Leandro had previous experience working well together.
Longtime friend Kyle Mountifield managed to break away from his Tree Of Savior obsession to aid the project with additional enemy design, game design, and quality assurance testing. Promotional artist Maerel Hibadita was soon brought on to create artwork of the four main characters. Daniel Tindall and Tyler Rogers later joined the team to help with additional game design and quality assurance testing after also having previous experience working well with both Connor and Leandro.
The first teaser video for Towards The Pantheon was released on September 14th, 2016, 2 weeks after Connor began developing the game full time. On September 24th, Nicolas Kaufman joined to contribute additional game design and quality assurance testing. As of November 2016 the majority of the gameplay mechanic scripting work has been completed, and as of February 2017 have roughly over 35% of the game’s levels have also been completed. The team launched a Steam Greenlight campaign on February 15th, 2017 along with a new trailer video. Towards The Pantheon was successfully greenlit 13 days later on February 28th, 2017.
- Chapter 1 – Getting Started
- Chapter 2 – Laying The Foundation
- Chapter 3 – Comfy Progress While Sippin Green Tea
- Chapter 4 – Portraits and Enemies
- Chapter 5 – Fulltime development begins now
- Chapter 6 – Beginnings of the battle system
- Chapter 7 – First Teaser Video
- Chapter 8 – Livestreams, NPCs, Music, and Pixel Art
- Chapter 9 – Inventory, UI, and Protein Powder
- Chapter 10 – Pixel art videos and a look at our main characters
- Chapter 11 – Autumn, level design, and some of our influences
- Chapter 12 – Turntables, KAOSS, and camping
- Chapter 13 – Crops & Lore
- Chapter 14 – Night Skies and Snowfalls
- Chapter 15 – Speedsters, Cards, and Combos
- Chapter 16 – Tuna Maki, Tipping Cows, and Rumbles!
- Chapter 17 – Wastelands, Battle System Refactoring, and Teamwork
- Chapter 18 – Greenlight Campaign, New Trailer, Podcast Interview, and Screenshots
- Chapter 19 – We’ve been Greenlit!
- Chapter 20 – Enter Cyberpunk
- Chapter 21 – Right back at it
- Chapter 22 – Coming Soon!
Pixel Art Videos
Connor O.R.T. Linning
(Director, Producer, Programmer, Soundtrack Composer, Story Writer, Game & Character & Enemy Designer, QA)
Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Youtube, Soundcloud, Twitch, Instagram, Bandcamp
(Enemy Designer, Additional Game Designer, QA)
(Additional Game Designer, QA)